Monday, May 23, 2011

Highway Tail Lights

Vibrating octaves peeked shyly from an elaborate playlist that yellow evening, and it seemed to meld into one with the canvas of orange hues.


Maybe I didn't treat you, quite as good as I should have...

Sprightly lights quietly appeared amongst the concrete jungle. Slowly yet surely, the resting city was coming to life. I was humbled at the perpetuation of life that did not wait for time.

Maybe I didn't love you, quite as often as I could have...

Trails of streaking tail lights sped by me, and I didn't mind. I allowed the descending twilight slow my pace. All I yearned was to glide on the tarmac.

Little things I should have said and done...

The sweet symphony between man and music was briefly my reality. I permitted the piano play parts of my life story. I let the deep purr of the engine drive me. I let the fluidity of notes shape old nostalgias. I indulged.

I just never took the time...
But you were always on my mind...
(Buble' singing "Always On My Mind")


0 comments: